Thursday 21 June 2007

Some days are better than others

When i woke up this am the sun was shining all looked well in the world. As the day progressed the cloud thicken and once again the heavens opened. I do love the sound of the rain I find it soothing and today needed to be soothing as my work load is increasing as the end of the academic year comes galloping towards me.
It was not until i got home it dawned on me that the group of students that have been under my tuition (not totally I might add as we work as a team at Portland) will be leaving in 5 weeks time. The group have been with me for 3 years and I now sit asking myself were has that time gone! This group of students will never leave my mind as we have learnt so much from each other we have laughed so much our tums hurt, we have cried yet supported each other through some emotionally times but most of all we have all cared about each other and because of this the group have developed into a strong team of individuals that belive they can achive and value each other but most importantly themselves.
I do not give myself a pat on the back very often yet I am tonight as I am proud to be there tutor and I do now they leave college better prepared to face the world that is out there for the taking compared to the first time I met them. What a privilege to have met them all. What a day today has been.

No comments: